Clearing Smartphone Data Before to give away.
You may like to present your old Smartphone (or Tablet) to someone else, like to sell it or dump it to buy a new device. In this case you must care about those data that you had saved in that device. Not only count for those visible data but also those data, video and images that you had deleted. Now it is possible for people to recover those deleted data in Smartphone by using any of the recover software, that are freely available in the internet.
So if you are planning to leave your Smartphone in another persons' hand, follow these steps before to give away.
Use your existing net work service providers' service to back up all your contacts and data.
It is very difficult to recover your data later, once you had left it with your device.
Make sure you got enough battery power to delete the data and it is better to get it plugged in to the power source as the process will take hours to clean the device.
If your operating system is Android 4.4 or below it,
- First remove your SD card from the device and insert a new SD card in to it.
- Start the Data cleaning process.
- First go to "Setting"
- Then to "Security" to "Encrypt phone (Tablet)"
If your device operating system is Android 5.0 or higher version,
Go to settings to Security to Screen lock
- Create a strong password which must look like this Peter@$568
- In this process you will be asked to encrypt the SD card. It is not necessary as you can remove it from the device to use in your new device.
- From the Settings > Backup & reset > Factory data reset there tap Reset phone.
- The process will take more than an hour.
- Remove the SD memory card.
Now your device is free without any of your data and no one can recover any data from it.
To make sure, bring in new large files and make the device storage (flash memory) to be full and delete them.
Install the app iShredder to digitally "shred" the data.
Now you can feel free to give away the device.